Preparing for Exams/Procedures
We ask all patients and their family members to please refrain from wearing any perfume, cologne, after shave or heavily scented lotions or hair products. Dr. Hammers is highly allergic to fragrances.
These exams require preparation:
- Abdomen - Refrain from food or drink (including water) for 8 hours prior to the exam.
- Aorta - Refrain from food or drink (including water) for 8 hours prior to the exam.
- Rectal - Fleet enemas are required 2 hours before the exam. Nothing to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours before is required.
- Renal or Transabdominal - Drink 32 ounces of water 1 hour prior to the exam. This exam requires a full bladder.
- Ultrasound Imaging - You should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing for your ultrasound exam. You will need to remove all clothing and jewelry in the area to be examined.
These exams require no preparation:
- Breast Biopsy
- Thyroid/Lymph Node Biopsy
- Transvaginal Pelvic